英文單字與聽力學習平台中級(8)登上山頂的路好長好長 A Long Way to Go compild by David Pai
The Way Home
It seemed like a long ascent to
the top.
登上山頂的路好長好長。
The mountain appreared barren, as though it had suffered through many
years of arid climate.
這座山看起來光禿禿的,似乎飽受了常年的乾旱天氣。
I had no idea why I have to climbing this mountain.
我不知道自己為什麼要爬這座山。
All I could recall was that I had been reading a fascinating artical about
climbing.
我只記得當時我正在讀一篇關於登山的精彩文章。
But with my arthritis, how could I possibly make it to the top?
但我患有關節炎,怎麼可能爬上山頂呢?
Despite my confusion, I ascended the mountain.
糊裏糊塗中,我開始登山。
After what seemed like an hour, I stumbled across a small artificial
structure. It was hidden behind a large rocks.
約莫一小時後,我跌跌撞撞地走過一個藏在大石塊後的小型人造建築物。
I was shocked to discover that it was an arsenal containing an array of
antiquated armor and armament.
我愕然發現這竟是個軍械庫,裏面存放著全系列的古老盔甲和武器。
All of it appeared to be handmade, probably by a 17th century artisan.
這裏的一切似乎都是手工製作的,很可能出自一位17世紀工匠之手。
It was a bit scray, so I left quickly and continued my acsent.
這裏怪恐怖的,我很快就離開了,繼續我的攀登。
Further up, I ran into a man dressed like an aristocrat.
我繼續往上走,遇到了一位穿戴類似貴族的男人。
He was articulating some kind of ancient arithmetic.
他正清清楚楚地講著什麼古老算術。
His presence aroused my curiosity.
他的存在引起了我的好奇,
I asked him what he was doing on the mountain.
我便問他在山上做些什麼。
He rudely responded,"don't you know where you are?"
他粗魯的回答到:“難道你不知道自己在哪嗎?”
What an arrogant man, I thought to myself.
這人真夠傲慢的,我想。
After what felt like another hour, I spotted a small cave.
又過了大約一個小時,我發現了一個小山洞,
I found an old monk living inside.
洞裏住這個老和尚。
Foolishly, I offered him some wine.
我竟傻巴拉嘰的請他喝葡萄酒。
I should have known that monks practice asceticism.
我應該知道和尚奉行禁欲主義,
But he wasn't offended.
還好他沒有生氣。
He simply smile and said,"I am indeed an ascetic person."
他只是笑了笑,說道:“我是個真正的禁欲主義者。”
I told the monk that I was tired and missed my home.
我告訴那和尚我好累、好想家。
"Open your eyes" he whispered."You are already home."
“睜開你的眼睛。”他悄悄說道,“你到家了。”
Suddenly, I began to hear the sound of my favorite aria.
我突然聽到我最喜歡的詠唱調,
I could sense the aroma of a familiar aromatic substance.
又問道熟悉的香料散發出的芬芳。
It was followed by a familiar voice.
然後,一個熟悉的聲音說話了。
"Wake up" my wife said.
“醒醒吧!”妻子說到,
"Here's your coffee! You're late for work."
“這是你的咖啡,你上班要遲到了。”
aria n.獨唱曲,詠唱調
arid adj.乾旱的
aristocrat n.貴族
arithmetic n.算術
armament n.軍備,武器
armor n.裝甲;裝甲車
aroma n.香氣,芬芳,芳香
aromatic adj.芬芳的
arouse vt.刺激,激起;喚醒
array n.展示,陳列;一系列
arrogant adj.傲慢的,自大的
arsenal n.兵工廠,軍械庫
arthritis n.關節炎
article n.論文,文章;物品,條款
articulate vt.清楚的講話,清晰的發音
artificial adj.人造的,人工的;虛假的,矯揉造作的
artisan n.手工業工人,手藝人
ascend vi.(漸漸的)升高,上升
ascent n.攀登,上升
ascetic n.苦行者,禁欲者;adj.禁欲的,苦行的
asceticism n.禁欲主義
Comments
Post a Comment